Volunteer Management Group Meeting Topics for 2016
October 19, 2016: Introduction to Adult Learning
Special Program meeting (Train the Trainer) information
We are pleased to host this train the trainer session that will provide an introduction to adult learning. For those who are new to facilitating trainings, orientations, etc. this session will have great info. For those who are more experienced, it will be a great refresher!
November 16, 2016: Certification options for Volunteer Managers
Join panelists who will talk about various certifications that are applicable to our profession. Learn how to obtain certification and the advantages to doing so.
December 14, 2016: Volunteer Management Group Annual General Meeting
This year, we are trying something a bit different, please join us after work for an elegant reception and to hear an inspiring guest speaker. Details to come.
Also, there will be a new format to our meetings (with the exception of special meetings, such as May, June, October and December)
Meetings are 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM
8:30 AM - 9:00 AM: coffee, muffins and networking
9:00 AM - 9:15 AM: *Tools of the Trade
9:15 AM - 10:30 AM: Announcements, Guest Speaker
*NEW! Tools of the Trade is an opportunity to share practical information with colleagues. You will be given notice about what the tool topic will be and then you'll be asked to bring in resources to share. For example, one month might be Evaluation and you'll be asked to share your evaluation process. We will spend 15 minutes looking over the shared documents, as well as a quick discussion to share best practices and answer any questions.
VMG meetings are:
- Networking: An opportunity to meet with other people who engage and manage volunteers in a variety of organizations
- Informative: An excellent way to stay connected to the trends and learning opportunities in volunteer management
- Inspiring: An opportunity to listen to some interesting guest speakers
- Sharing: A great way to learn from each other and to see how other organizations manage their volunteer programs
- Fun: A great way to start your workday!
Past Program Meeting Summaries are available under our NEWSLETTER link!